Ayn Rand’s masterpiece. It integrates the basic elements of an entire philosophy into a highly complex, yet dramatically compelling plot—set in a near-future U.S.A. whose economy is collapsing as a result of the mysterious disappearance of leading innovators and industrialists. The theme is: “the role of the mind in man’s existence—and, as corollary, the demonstration of a new moral philosophy: the morality of rational self-interest.”
- Listen to an audiobook excerpt from Chapter One.
- Read an excerpt from Chapter One.
- Watch a three-part video course on Atlas Shrugged by Dr. Onkar Ghate.
- Listen to a lecture titled The Spirit of Francisco by Dr. Shoshana Milgram.
- Listen to a lecture titled No Tributes to Caesar: Good and Evil in Atlas Shrugged by Dr. Tara Smith.